3.26.2015

Oh Baby! 40 weeks!


Size of Baby: the bump says a jackfruit & what to expect says watermelon
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 63 lbs gained.   Water weight galore
Maternity Clothes:  I wear leggings & even those can get uncomfortable. I have about 3 shirts that fit : so those I wear out in public. Otherwise it's my husbands tees!
Gender:  You can see here but we are having a little diva!
Belly Button In/Out: I have an innie and most of it is out but it's weird looking!
Stretch Marks: Yes. My bump exploded with them!
Labor Signs: contractions... But no baby! More on that below.
Movement: She loves to move it, but there is no room left!
Sleep: i sleep between 2 - 5 hours at night. 5 being a good night / possibly if I take benedryl. I tend to just rely on daytime naps.
Cravings/Aversions:  it was still sweets this week. I avoid all spicy & garlic food!
Symptoms: swollen hands, feet, face. Pregnancy mask. Lower back & hip pain. False contractions. Bad preggy brain! Very tired. Stuffy & bloody nose. Frequent bathroom trips. No balance. Really thirsty. Sore boobs. Reflux. Uncomfortable & pressure. Lightning crotch. Hard core emotional. Throbbing feet! 
Feeling: emotional, anxious, impatient, worried
Best Moment this Week: Hearing her being monitored. Knowing that she's okay in there. 
What I Miss: A little bit of everything at this point & iced coffee :)
What I’m Looking Forward To: the day she arrives! Whenever that maybe!
Next Appointment: Friday 
•••••
Monday my contractions started at about 5:45 am. They continued to get much worse & closer together. Because we live about 40 minutes from the hospital my husband wanted to wait this time to make sure it was the real deal. Finally after 2 1/2 hours I called the dr & was told to go to the hospital. We got there & I told the nurses (for the 3rd time) this is it! And 3 hours later after being completely violated (some nurses need to know gentle vs not) I was released. No difference in how far I'm dilated. The 2 nurses were really nice! Thankfully as I cried. We then came home & I ate loads of chocolate & slept.
Tuesday I had my regular dr appointment. Had my NST
I had to drink some soda to wake her up. And then she was good! 
And only had 1 contraction! 

We discussed (unfortunately) what dr would be be there for delivery. It won't be him - so I do have to see a different dr Friday to see what the next step is. Because I'm passed my due date.


2 comments:

  1. Hopefully it happens soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope when she does its this memorable story. Like all the false alarms!

      Delete